Friday, March 13, 2009

I've been PICKED...

And while it isn't the biggest accomplishment, one of the pictures I've taken has been chosen for this years version of Schmap, downtown L.A. edition. There is a 'widget' to the right that should take you to Schmap... its actually quite neat, an online map with pictures!
The email:
Hi Deirdre,

I am delighted to let you know that your submitted photo
has been selected for inclusion in the newly released sixth
edition of our Schmap Los Angeles Guide:

Downtown
http://www.schmap.com/losangeles/introduction_history/p=2004D06/i=2004D06_18.jpg

If you like the guide and have a website, blog or personal
page, then please also check out the customizable
widgetized versions of our Schmap Los Angeles Guide,
complete with your published photo:

http://www.schmap.com/guidewidgets/p=29916298N06/c=SJ20041699

Thanks so much for letting us include your photo - please
enjoy the guide!

Best regards,

Emma Williams,
Managing Editor, Schmap Guides
www.schmap.me/emma.williams


I'm very excited because it has to be one of my most favorite pictures, and I've always wanted to share it with the world :o) Maybe now the world will actually see it?! :o)

I love to take pictures, and I'm always excited when they come out the way I want them to. That is the blessing of a digital camera, I can take a thousand pictures and if one of them comes out, I'm over the moon.

If you click on the first link in the email above, you get to see the map and my picture, Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles. See my name as the copyright?! Woohoo! LOL If you click on the picture, it will take you to my Flickr stream.

I'm adding the Union Station picture and another picture from Union Station that I love... some old ticket booths that aren't used, but I believe have been in some movies.

No comments: