Monday, January 19, 2009

Today is my birthday.

My 30th birthday.

I'm not sure what I was expecting from the day. For sure, I wasn't expecting what I got. :o)

Where we live, we have to take our Christmas trees to be recycled ourselves... since today was the last day to drop them off, Rick took our tree to the recycle yard. On his way home, I asked him to pick me up a Bruegger's bagel. A Sunday Brunch sandwich to be exact. It was so yummy... a french toast bagel, Vermont maple syrup cream cheese (oh yea baby!), eggs and sausage. I want another one! :o) He brought me home my bagel... and a balloon and carnations. I'm not a carnation 'person', I love Gerbera daisies, but carnations are my 'birth' flower... just as special to me! :o)

Not too long later, my sister-in-law came walking in the front door. Can I just say I LOVE that we live close enough to them (2 blocks to be exact!), and I'm close enough to her, for this to be awesome? It is. She brought with her balloons, one of which declares that I'm 30 :o) She also brought me presents!! A bundt pan (which I totally need!), casserole cozies (which I totally love) and a Coach purse (which I'm totally digging!). Tonight, she made me (and her family, of course!) some of the yummiest enchiladas. I baked my cake, German chocolate cake, thank you very much! :o)

Its been a wonderful day! Blows so many of my past birthdays out of the water... except my 18th :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so how much do I suck that I forgot to wish you a happy birthday :( UGH!!! Miss ya!!!!