Sunday, January 11, 2009

My little girl is growing up!

In about 3 hours, my oldest 'little' girl will be exactly 10 years old! I look at her and I am amazed... God gave me this beautiful little girl to take care of and love... how did I get so lucky!?

Not to say she is perfect, or an angel... really, we're all pretty far from that, right? :o) But, to me anyway, she is a great kid! Somedays, I want to pick her up by the back of her panties and throw her through a window... but that's only because she is growing up into a 'tween'. I hate that word 'tween', talk about making our kids grow up faster! We used to have infants, toddlers, kids and teenagers... now we have 'tweens'. Ugh!

She loves Hannah Montana (and by extension, Miley Cyrus), the Jonas Brothers (her favorite JoBro is Joe... mine too, he's adorable!), nail polish (in crazy shades!!), make-up (which I only let her wear on our 'sleepover' nights) and Barbies. She also still sleeps with her teddy bear 'Ager', who USED to be Edgar when I got him for her 1st birthday... but when she was learning to spell she thought it was Ager, and so Ager he is. :o) He goes with her everywhere and she CANNOT sleep without him. God forbid he ever get lost... we'd be in TROUBLE! They don't make bears like Ager anymore.

She likes school, but HATES to write... so essays are sheer drudgery for her, and for me! :o) But she loves to learn! She also loves to read! She reads Judy Moody books, Landon Snow books, she has even read Anne of Green Gables! (and she loved it so much we got Anne of Avonlea!) If you haven't read the Landon Snow books, you should! They're a bit like Harry Potter AND the Narnia books rolled together!

I'd like to take you on a pictorial voyage... so just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a little girl, that started back in Cali-forn in the town of Cambria. :o) Enjoy!

2 months old... rockin' the Pooh wear...


1 year old... prerequisite Wal-mart photo


2 almost 3... with her cousin, Indiana and Uncle Jon (yes, uncle...he's 14 years younger than me). Silly picture, I think she was trying to escape :o)


4 years old... me and my wacky little girl! Where oh where did those beautiful curls go?! :o(


5 years old... beautiful eyes and lopped off hair :o)


6 years old... playing on the beach in Morro Bay, CA. I love pigtails, all my girls get stuck with 'em! :o)


7 years old... oh man, we're in trouble and she KNOWS it! :o)


8 year old... getting too cool to pose cute for mom...


9 years old... in her Easter finest...



Day before 10 years old... at the Denver Zoo with her sister :o)



Happy birthday!

No comments: