Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Must be feeling 'spacy'...

The girls decided to watch E.T. today. They like this movie, and I LOVE that they are interested in things that are part of my youth :o)

I decided to clean our room up a bit, get rid of some of the boxes that I can (would you believe that after 9 months of living here we STILL have boxes in our house?! We need a storage shed!). One box had some of my new cookbooks (not ones I wrote, but ones I collect!)... mmmm Sweet Maria's Baking compilation! Another box held quite a few Star Wars books and blueprints, they are Rick's... yes, he is a Star Wars fiend (nerd, geek, etc).

In the girls' bathroom is a book/magazine I bought Rick for Christmas, SFX Director's Edition: George Lucas. I started looking at some of the pictures, and one of them was 'the best movie poster EVER'... the original Star Wars movie poster.

Now I intend to watch the OG Star Wars :o) without Rick... that is odd for me :o) I plan on introducing Abigael to this awesome movie, the older two LOVE it :o)

Off to watch Star Wars with Abi, the Force is strong in that one. May the Force be with you.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I agree that the original poster is one of the best movie posters ever. :) I have a copy that was signed by one of the producers or someone.... Just don't tell Rick. ;-)