Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I just don't understand...

I've got three girls. (no Chris, that isn't what I don't understand) :o) They're all about 3 1/2 years apart; my oldest is 10, then my middle is 6 (7 in 4 months!) and my youngest is 2.

Somehow my middle and my youngest daughters ALWAYS seem to fight. Now, I'd totally chalk this up to middle child syndrome, since its my middle daughter that picks on the little one... but she was like this BEFORE we had our youngest! LOL

Today, Emmaline (middle) was playing with Abigael's (youngest) Elmo K'nex-type toy, Abigael's hat, Abigael's silo from her Little People barn and her own piggie. All was well, until Abi decided she wanted to play WITH Emmaline. She didn't try to take the toys, instead Abi brought her cow and tried to put it in the silo with Emmie's piggie. Which caused Emmie to have a coniption and push Abi away. Which then caused Abi to scream, loudly, ear piercingly. Emmie then got a time out, Abi chilled out.

THEN while Emmie was in her time out, Abigael picks up the piggie. Emmaline WIGGED OUT!! She actually started CRYING! Goodbye piggie, goodbye silo (another cause of contention).

What I just don't understand is that Emmie does NOT want Abigael anywhere near her toys, to the point where her Dora the Explorer kitchen is squeezed into her bedroom, along with all her other toys that she doesn't want Abi to touch. On the other hand, Abigael's toys are behind the couch in the living room and in the hallway. Emmaline won't share her own toys, and she won't let ABI play with ABI'S toys! She puts them up out of Abigael's reach, freaks out if Abi gets near them... I just don't get it!! She won't share hers, but expects Abi to not be bothered by having to share.

Oooh it just pisses me off. To the point that after THEY start screaming, I tend to start screaming. It sucks.

Anyone got any ideas? Today, Emmaline has been banned from touching Abigael's toys... and I think it sucks having to do that.

And what is even sillier? They absolutely LOVE each other, hugging and kissing... when they aren't trying to kill each other! LOL

No comments: