Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I'm not sure how I feel about this holiday. I definitely am all for love, though I think its best celebrated EVERY day, not just on one day. :o)

Usually when Valentine's Day rolls around, we don't have any money. Or a kid-sitter, so even if we have money, we have kids... so no romantical dinner out. We have NEVER had a romantical dinner on this day, in fact, I think in our whole 9 years of marriage, we've never had a romantical dinner. We've always had kids and no sitter. :o( Poor me! (Okay, I'm done)

Today, after Rick gets home from work, we are heading south to Colorado Springs to have lunch/early dinner with my Aunt Lori and her mom. I am REALLY looking forward to it... we haven't seen her in about 6 or 7 months. What is funny about that is that before seeing her 6 or 7 months ago, I hadn't seen her for 8 YEARS! And before that, FIFTEEN YEARS! :o) That had been the first time I met her and my Uncle Tommy (and my cousins, Kim & Patrick... Patrick was a baby!!). They are the Texas part of my dad's family. I'm very happy that Aunt Lori's mom lives in the Springs, she comes up to see her 3 or 4 times a year... so cool!

Not sure what is on tap for AFTER we eat, but when we get home we're having pot roast (I'm crockpotting it). Woohoo. :o)

Happy Valentine's Day... and if you get a nice romantical, kid-less dinner... enjoy! :o)

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

How fun! I hope you have a great time! I don't know about dinner... but I did get flowers today! In 12 years of marriage that is a first!

Suzanne said...

We've never done much for Valentine's Day, either. I've only gotten flowers once in 9 years, so apparently Chris and Rick have similar philosophies. But we knew that. ;-D

Hope you had a fun time with your aunts! We went to Red Robin and then SuperTarget for dinner supplies - more Angus beef. Yay! :)