Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sharing the beauty...

that is my Rocky Mountain sunsets. I think they rival, or maybe even surpass, the beauty of a ocean sunset. Seems like no two are ever the same, and they don't even need Photoshop to make the colors *POP*, they do it on their own.

I love the way the bottom of these clouds are lit up by the setting sun...

The definition in the lower clouds is what caught my eye this night...

You just can't make this stuff up!!! I wonder what the sunset on the ocean looked like on this night...

These last two aren't QUITE sunset, but it was working on it :o) These are my favorites because you get the sunburst. Its pretty in color, but I set my camera to shoot in B&W because it just makes everything stand out...






Beyond sharing the beauty that I get to see on a daily basis, I don't have much to share. The big girls are busy reading, while Abigael is busy making a mess of the house. :o)

In the coming months, the leaves on the aspens will start changing, and we'll make our trek up into the mountains to take more pictures. There is a waterfall up past Boulder, in, of all places, Boulder Creek :o) It's an easy hike up... perfect for taking the girls.

2 comments:

Faline said...

Wow what a pretty sunset! we didn't make it out of the shop befor sunset, but Bri has a dance tonight so I should be able to sneek out and get a pic. for you. I will then post on my blog and you can go check it out. I will even get the rock for you. Hope all is well and that you have hot water agian. I have installed a few in my time, just wish I was close enough to help.
All of our love

Gretchen said...

Faline commented before me??? Geesh I am out of it these days!

PRETTY!!

Love you!!