Friday, April 10, 2009

Where's a break when you need one?

My body seems to be under the impression that it needs a break, or at least my mind is. Its a scary place to be... at least for me.

All is fine and well in my world, but when the heck do I get a break?! Children 24/7, school (my choice totally), no date nights, hardly any alone time with Rick, hardly any alone time with ME! It kind of snuck up on me today... with a force. Like I said, scary place to be. The big girls are outside playing, Abi is in the hall making a mess... so I guess this is my alone time?

Frustrated.

If I turn around, I'll be reminded that they thrashed my living room while I was in the bedroom this afternoon. I'll be reminded that I'm the only one who ever does the dishes, and I haven't done them since yesterday morning. I'll be reminded that the recycle never got recycled and is now threatening to attack my kitchen floor. Reminded that, even though FISH is wonderful and blessed us with food, I still have to find somewhere to put it. Reminded that its 7 o'clock and I need to make my girls dinner.

Where is my break? :o(

Rick would tell me that the dishes are fine, the living room will live, the kids can microwave chicken nuggets, that he loves me whether the house is spotless or not. He would tell me to go out, get that break I so desperately want. Which then leaves me in a vicious circle... 10 months here and I haven't met a soul to 'go out' with. Guess this is the downside to homeschooling in a new town.

I will suck it up, and I will survive. :o) It is what I do. But, like I said, it just kind of snuck up on me. Times like these, I wish I were a drinker! LOL

Time to turn around and face the house. Time to fix whatever mess Abi has made. Time to make dinner. Only 2 more hours until the kids are in bed. Maybe I'll get them in bed early today... maybe. :o)

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Yea... so get it!!!
I have a mandated 3 hour "me date" every week and I am thinking "What the HELL is that??? And HOW do I have time for it when there is SOOOO much to do??"

Love and Hugs!

PS I miss Bunco!!!!