Sunday, December 21, 2008

Not my first attempt...

at blogging, but maybe a better attempt? :o)

I think that I will make my first post in response to Ryan Detzel's Questions That No One Asked (if you haven't checked out his blog, This Is Reverb , do it... you won't regret it! :o)

So...

What's with the screen name?

No, I'm not a clan member! :o) There are 5 of us; myself, my husband and our 3 girls, therefore, we're a clan :o) Plus, my husband's heritage is Scottish. Made sense to me! Would you just get a giggle knowing that I signed up for Disney.com with this name, and they WOULDN'T LET ME at first?!?! They said it was inappropriate and they suspended my account! :o( Boo on Disney! (Not really!) I sent them a scathing (well, only a little!) email telling them that it wasn't inappropriate if my husband was SCOTTISH! :o) I got my log-in name :o) Yeah me!

THREE GIRLS!?! Are you going to try for a boy?

This is actually a question I get asked all the time (clearing the air early on I guess)... I can't tell you how many times we've been asked this by strangers even! No, we aren't trying for a boy. Yes, we know, we're in trouble when they grow up. Yes, we know we'll need more than one bathroom (we have two!). And no, it is not the man's fault! Would you believe that some stranger, after telling my husband how beautiful our girls were, went on to tell him that its the man's fault... WHAT?! I bet he has all girls, too :o)

Weren't you afraid your husband was some kind of creep, since you met him online?

One of those questions that you can see on people's faces when you tell them you met online (and not through eHarmony)... like they want to ask, but know better (better than the guy in the last question anyway). :o) I was so NOT afraid that he was a creep, he was just too sweet. And he liked comic books (his log-in used to be SilverSurfer... I tried to impress him because I knew who that was, but nothing else!), was in his late-20's and had just moved out of his parents. Um, looking back, I should have been weirded out!! LOL But in the end, he was (and still is) the most amazing man! Still as much in love today as I was December 26, 1999 when we got married in Las Vegas... after having met 4 months earlier! :o)

WHY would you move without a job?!

Oh yeah, THAT was a question that you knew everyone was thinking, but afraid to ask! :o) We moved from Morro Bay, California (between Cal Poly San Luis Obispo & Hearst Castle on the Central Coast) to Denver, Colorado this past June... yes, without a job. BUT we had family. LOTS of family! THAT is why we moved without a job, but plenty of money (that got eaten up by hotels when our landlord wouldn't let us move in... long story, another post I'm sure). My sister-in-law lives about 2 blocks west of us, and my in-laws live about 2 blocks south of us. Love it, usually. Except last night. Long, selfish story, another post, I'm sure.

What is your favorite article of clothing?

Oooh, good question that no one asked! :o) SOCKS!! I'm in love with socks! Except ankle socks, they make my ankles cold! :o) Knee-highs, tube socks, slouch socks... stripes, argyle, plain white... Christmas-y, Halloweenie (I said hollow weenie! LOL)... all sorts! The more the merrier! Know of a place to buy cool socks, let me know... I miss The Sock Drawer in San Luis Obispo, Ca!!! The coolest of cool socks, where the CC roller derby girls buy their socks, I'm sure!

What is your favorite blog to read?

That is a toughy... I'd have to say The Pioneer Woman. She 'introduced' me to Ryan's blog This Is Reverb and the pictures she takes of her food make me hungry! :o)

Do you like winter or summer better?

Last, but not least. I LOVE winter better... you can always get warm, but in summer you can just never get cool... you know what I mean?? I love the snow now, too... but only to look at. I'm knew when I moved here that I wouldn't be a skier, I knew I wouldn't be a snow-shoe'r (what do you call that???), I knew I wouldn't be building snowmen and I knew I wouldn't drive in it! :o) But I also knew that I would LOVE sitting on my couch, drinking my coffee, watching it fall. :o)

No comments: