Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas has come and gone...

and while I'm sorry that the feelings associated with Christmastime are going away (though I'm trying really hard to keep them with me!!), I'm quite glad the non-stop activity associated with the 'family Christmas' is done! Phew!

We live VERY CLOSE to all of Rick's immediate family, except his younger brother and HIS family. They live in Victorville, Ca. Well... they flew in Christmas morning with their newly foster/adopted son, Isaiah. That was super cool! But oh my gosh the plans started flying and being thrown out!!!

Christmas Eve, it was planned that we would open presents at my MIL's house with ALL the grandkids... there are 6 here (my 3 girls and my SIL's 3 boys) ranging in ages from 2 to 12. It was LOUD, and crowded! Fun, but in all there were 17 of us crowded in my MIL's apartment living room... wow! Rick had to leave at 6PM to go to work... that sucked.

Christmas Day, we got to do our present opening at our own home. We were incredibly blessed by a local church that 'adopted' our girls for presents. My oldest got like 4 pairs of sneakers, and all of them got lots of jeans and t-shirts. They also got about 4 toys each from the church. From us they got 2 toys each. From MY momma they each got 3 presents (1 was clothes... they were TOTALLY burnt out on clothes! LOL).

Christmas Day NIGHT, we went to my SIL's house where she made Swedish pot roast. Oh man, it was SOOOOO good! There were 21 of us, including 7 grandkids (my BIL had made it in, remember?) and my SIL's ILs :o) That was also loud, but we were all having fun falling in love with Isaiah. :o) Rick had to leave at 6PM to go to work... that sucked... again.

Day AFTER Christmas, we got a phone call from FISH (which, I believe, is an extension of Loaves and Fishes, but I'm not positive) wondering why we hadn't picked up our gifts. Huh? I thought the church WAS the gifts from FISH (they were in connection, I was told anyway)! So we went to FISH to pick up our gifts... there was a bag for each girl (each with at least a pair of shoes, shirts, pants and toys!) and a bag for Rick and a bag for me AND an extra bag! Oh my goodness!! God REALLY blessed us this tight Christmas! (Did I mention that my MIL bought us our tree???) In my presents, there were 6 new bath towels, toothbrushes and toothpaste. Oddly, I loved it! :o) And the sweater I got? A beautiful, fuzzy red one... LOVE IT!!

Day AFTER Christmas NIGHT, we went to dinner with Rick's parents, his brother (and his wife and Isaiah), his younger sister (and her husband) and all of us. So eleven of us descended upon Red Robin :o) That was fun! And loud :o)



Don't we look happy? The midget in the front is my youngest, Abigael. Then going clockwise its me, Emmie (my middle girl), Kiera (my oldest), Richard (SIL's husband), Amanda (SIL), Bryan (BIL), Brittany (BIL's wife), Isaiah (BIL's son), Ray (FIL), Sue (MIL) & Rick (my honey!). It was so cool of the waitress to take our picture, we left her an awesome tip :o) She deserved it!!

I'm now unwinding (while washing all the new clothes and towels!!!) after everyone has gone back to 'normal'. Until New Years anyway, I'm sure! :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean there is a "normal" setting at your house? What's your secret????

The Clan Piccini said...

Of course there is a 'normal' setting... and that is usually one child watching TV, one pouting, one whining, me yelling that I 'only have 2 hands!', and my husband laughing at the chaos. LOL