Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Christopher Moore

He. Is. Amazing. Really.

Have you read any of his books?  I have, and I need to catch up... its been a little while.

Practical Demonkeeping - where I fell in love!  About Catch, the people-eating demon and his 'master'.  Some funny stuff here!  (Are you aware that Pine Cove, California is loosely based on the Cambria area?  It was!  The Head of the Slug bar?  Camozzi's.)

Coyote Blue - About Trickster, a Native American god, and him getting joy out of screwing with a 'former' reservation dweller :o)  (You know the term 'coyote ugly'?  Moore used it BEFORE the movie!)

Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story - Female vampire finds a guy to do her day-to-day errands, and he falls in love :o)

Island of the Sequined Love Nun - Guy impales his... nether-region on the gearshift of the airplane he is flying/crashing.  OUCH!  Finds traveling buddies in a transvestite and a fruit bat (named Roberto!).

The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove - Back in Cambria :o)  Prehistoric lizard lives in the ocean, doc replaces everyone's antidepressants with placebos, lots of horny people.  Fun for everyone! :o)

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal - I think the title says it all.  Biff is brought back to life to write a gospel (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John & BIFF? LOL) about Jesus' life... those missing years.  It is incredibly inappropriate, hilariously funny and a very easy read.  I shouldn't love it, but I do!

Fluke (Or, I Know Why the Winged Whale Sings) - A guy wants to know why humpback whales sing.  At one point, while researching, he sees a whale who's tail has BITE ME written on it.  LOL

The Stupidest Angel - Back in Cambria!!  Christmas terror, brought about by a screw up by the Archangel Raziel.  :o)  (There is a 'version 2.0... I don't have it, I probably should... I don't know if there is a difference)

A Dirty Job - Charlie becomes death's 'helper'  :o)  (haven't read it yet... here is the point that I need to start catching up!)

You Suck - Bloodsucking Fiends revisited... Tommy is now a vampire, too.  Now he has to find another 'errand runner'.  I did read this one... yet another hilarious Moore tale!

Fool - Moore's newest release... still have to read it.  King Lear told in Christopher Moore's style :o)  Bound to be full of laughs!  I NEED to get this book! LOL

My mom, when she worked at the Cambria Post Office, used to put mail in P.O. boxes... his was one of them.  She got to know him a little, he signed a couple of my books.  Then he did a book signing for Lamb, and I got to meet him in person!  I would love to hold a conversation with him, I can only imagine he would be hilarious :o)  He signed my copy of Lamb "with mint jelly"... having never eaten lamb, I didn't get it.  I do now... and its funny!  :o)  

He has since moved away from Cambria, well, Ragged Point, in case you were wondering :o)

-----

I wanted to add... Chris Moore has Twitter... TheAuthorGuy... and he Twittered about Twilight (of which, you already know, I also love).  Here are some things he said...  VERY funny!

-  Twilight: My next vamp book EVERYONE is going to have lip gloss on at all times.
- Twilight: Ah, I get it. Indians and vampires are natural enemies. Like pirates and ninjas.
- Twilight: Bella: I'm sure of three things. Edward was a vampire. I love him. I have no personality.
- Twilight: OMG, it's werewolf/vampire air circus. Crouching Emo, Leaping Indy
- Twilight: On noez, Edward has to suck the venom out. That line NEVER works for me. "No, you have to or I'll change to werewolf!" Nope.

No comments: