Thursday, October 18, 2012

Life, Birthdays & AVON

Tons has happened since I last posted... LOTS.  More than I can squish into this post, more than I can squeeze out of my overflowing brain right now.

Still living in, and loving, Blaine, Washington.  It never fails to take my breath away every time I come around the curve on Peace Portal as I'm heading south and Mount Baker is there in all its majestic beauty... I immediately thank God for bringing us here!

Rick is working seasonal for TC Trading again, though we're crossing our fingers that when they asked him to choose between the morning shift or the swing shift, that it meant that he'd be getting hired on year-round.  They are such a wonderful company; the owner is so nice, the managers rock, the office ladies are so nice, and most of the guys Rick works with are awesome.

I am finally working again, after more than 6 years!  I'm working at the Dollar Tree in town, and I am absolutely loving it!  I only work 4-hour shifts (unless you're a manager, that is all they offer), but, honestly, after not working so long, 4-hour shifts are hard enough! LOL

Kiera is a big 8th grader!  I can't believe she'll be 14 in January!  She is such an awesome girl, I am so proud of her.  She's been such a huge help with her sisters on the days I work, for which I am so thankful.  Her grades are spectacular... last year she missed the Honor Roll by .05.  Yeah, she finished out 7th grade with a 3.95 GPA!  She's looking to repeat that, if not bypass that this year.  She's involved with GEAR UP, a group that gets kids interested in college early, and she's already toured UW and fallen in love with it.  Kiera is still kicking butt in choir, her voice is just so sweet!

Emmaline is in 5th grade this year, but reading at a high school level... I'm so proud of her!  She got super lucky this year, she really likes her teacher AND her bestest friend is in her class again!  She & Lyric were fairly inseparable during the summer, and that hasn't changed through the school year.  Emmie took a couple free karate classes this past month at Shayne Simpson's Martial Arts & Fitness, and she'll be starting up actual classes in November.  She broke a board with her foot AND earned her white belt yesterday!  I really think this will be the perfect thing to help her self-esteem, and just totally boost her confidence.

Abigael is a KINDERGARTNER!  She is so in love with being in school: her teacher, new friends, playing on a big playground, school lunches, scissors... there is nothing that she doesn't love, except maybe the days she isn't in class LOL She turned 6 yesterday.  SIX.  I just can't believe all my girls are in school and so big.

In even more recent news, I've become an AVON representative.  More specifically, an eRepresentative.  For the main part, I wanted to help my neighbor out, but the upside is that I can buy AVON products at a discount :)  So, you know, if you're interested in AVON products, hit up my personal site ~ http://dpiccini.avonrepresentative.com

More soon... (much sooner than last time!)

No comments: