Tuesday, August 3, 2010

You'd think...

with my girls being out of school, that I'd have tons of time to blog... well, yeah, I do, but I'm just feeling quite lazy this summer! :o)

Its been a very warm,very humid summer. We've kept cool by staying inside, and sometimes going to the mall (but not often, since we don't buy anythingLOL). USUALLY during the summer we take road trips, but Rick's work schedule hasn't allowed it much... but we have taken a few trips since the beginning of the year that I haven't shared. Here's one...

-------------

One morning, Rick & I woke up with the same idea, but we didn't share it with each other. Instead, he had the kids get ready and as we're loading up in the car andthe kids are saying, "Where are we going??", he says to them, "It's a surprise!" We get in the car, and I tell him, "I hope we're going to Cheyenne!" I ruined his surprise. :o) We set off on what turned out to be a 10-hour, 376 mile adventure. Here are some highlights...

It was a beautiful snowy afternoon when we set out

Thankfully it wasn't snowing everywhere (in fact, pretty much no where else LOL)

These buffalo (bison) are definitely roaming... at the Wyoming state line :o)

Cheyenne state capitol building (89 miles into our adventure)

Then we saw a sign for Nebraska, only an hour away... so off we headed east... it pretty much looked JUST like this the whole way

...except for when you hit this random outcropping of rock covered in pine trees... not too much longer after this, you're in Nebraska

Once you get into Nebraska, its looks a lot like this... and keeps looking like this :o)

103 miles later, we're in Sidney, Nebraska... home of Cabelas. Supposedly home to 'big opportunities'

Sidney, NE looks like this... lots of opportunities? :o)

Then we headed south, back into CO (taking the 14... big mistake) for our 180 mile drive home... on a 2-lane, unlit, back-country road... with the sun going down... but before it went down, I got to see this beautiful sight...


Next time, I'll tell/show you about one of our trips to Garden of the Gods :o)

No comments: